Kaia Health’s Mission to Democratize Access to Healthcare

A message from Nigel Ohrenstein, President of Kaia Health

1 min read
Woman stretches in her living room with the text "democratizing healthcare" on the right-hand side.

Access to quality, affordable, equitable healthcare is one of the defining societal issues of our time. And it’s the driving force behind the vision and mission at Kaia Health, where I serve as President.

Access to healthcare means having the timely use of personal health services to achieve the best health outcomes. With only 2 percent of patients having access to the best healthcare, it presents major problems in terms of disease burden, poor health outcomes, decreased productivity, and increased healthcare costs. Kaia Health’s mission is to help the other 98% of patients gain access to care.

At Kaia Health, I’m proud that our entire corporate culture and mission is focused on democratizing healthcare: providing access to care, anywhere and at any time. Not only do we have incredible motion analysis technology, user engagement, rigorous clinical validation, and demonstrated cost savings, but it’s our culture and our mission that’s phenomenal.

We have initially focused on democratizing healthcare in musculoskeletal (MSK) care and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) care. Ultimately, we will extend into improving care pathways across multiple other conditions.

I’ve always gravitated towards businesses that are looking to make transformational change in healthcare. When you think about the impact Kaia has around not just access to care but quality, cost, and health equity, it’s incredibly exciting. As an industry, we have made incremental changes. Telehealth is a good example of an incremental improvement, but to be transformative you need to have a big vision and be bold.

Whether it is to become part of our team or as a client, come join us on this mission. We have the opportunity to create a better life for millions, if not billions, of people. It doesn’t get much better than that.

Profile photo of Nigel Ohrenstein Kaia Health's President.

Further Reading